Imdb Code: 1291570
Release date: 2017-12-31
Director: Eden Rock Media
Age restriction: 13
An FBI agent and a psychic doctor combat a serial killer in this supernatural thriller from director Afonso Poyart. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, RoviTweet
Last 50 Comments About Solace Movie
- Derek Elley (Variety) / 4, 24 2017
Stripped of Royale's humor, elegance and reinvented old-school stylishness, Quantum has little left except its plot, which is rudimentary and slightly barmy, in the line of the Roger Moore pics of the '70s and '80s.
- Ben Lyons (At the Movies) / 4, 10 2017
While charm and a quick wit made Connery the best of the Bonds, it's Craig's brute force and Jackie Chan-style stunts that will come to define this latest reincarnation.
- Claudia Puig (USA Today) / 4, 13 2017
The stunts are as muscular and the film as handsome to look at as the hero who so ably pulls them off. But the story linking it all together is thin and weak.
- Amy Nicholson (I.E. Weekly) / 4, 13 2017
Forster is elbowing us to agree that the franchise in his reins is just another spectacle.
- Ann Hornaday (Washington Post) / 4, 14 2017
The Quantum of Solace filmmakers have produced a super-serious, often visually incoherent travelogue of revenge and trumped-up angst.
- Rafer Guzman (Newsday) / 4, 13 2017
The action and eye candy may be worth the ticket price, but this Bond needs to get back to business.
- Steven Rea (Philadelphia Inquirer) / 4, 14 2017
Quantum - the 22d 'official' Bond picture, 24th including the rogue Bonds - is never less than engaging.
- Roger Ebert (Chicago Sun-Times) / 4, 13 2017
I repeat: James Bond is not an action hero! Leave the action to your Jason Bournes. This is a swampy old world. The deeper we sink in, the more we need James Bond to stand above it.
- Peter Debruge (Variety) / 4, 30 2017
[A] reasonably clever genre entry .
- Tom Maurstad (Dallas Morning News) / 4, 14 2017
The problems can be traced to a screenplay that is stuffed with internecine plot points and shades-of-gray complexities, but little else: no character-sharpening details and none of the wit and charm that buoyed Casino Royale.
- Anthony Lane (New Yorker) / 4, 10 2017
Quantum of Solace is too savage for family entertainment, but, as a study in headlong desperation, it's easier to believe in than many more ponderous films.
- Joe Neumaier (New York Daily News) / 4, 13 2017
The result isn't bland, but it's not exactly Bond either.
- Stephanie Zacharek (Salon.com) / 4, 14 2017
Quantum of Solace is best when director Marc Forster allows his star the latitude to explore emotions that, until Craig stepped into the shoes of the character, we didn't know Bond had.
- Peter Rainer (Christian Science Monitor) / 4, 17 2017
It's ironic: After all these years of surviving everything that has been thrown at him, James Bond is finally being undone by his own team.
- Dre Rivas (Film.com) / 4, 02 2017
Go see Quantum of Solace. Not that you weren't going to anyway.
- Joe Morgenstern (Wall Street Journal) / 4, 14 2017
Quantum of Solace is a model of mediocrity, even though Daniel Craig gives his all to a production that doesn't deserve him.
- Bill Goodykoontz (Arizona Republic) / 4, 12 2017
Enjoy Quantum of Solace for what it is: a high-octane, winning installment of the Bond series that hits the ground running and never lets up.
- Amy Biancolli (Houston Chronicle) / 4, 14 2017
If you held up your thumb over Daniel Craig's face and took in the mayhem around him, you'd think you were watching The Bourne Simulation rather than the 22nd (and shortest-ever) ode to Ian Fleming's suave government killer.
- Rene Rodriguez (Miami Herald) / 4, 14 2017
Quantum of Solace never really engages you in the mechanical but transporting way the best Bond movies do.
- David Ansen (Newsweek) / 4, 13 2017
Quantum of Solace isn't frivolous or cheesy, but it isn't all that much fun either. Craig is still the right guy for the job, but for his boiling-on-the-inside performance to work, he needs more to play with.
- Ray Bennett (Hollywood Reporter) / 4, 24 2017
[An] all-out thriller with few Bond touches but plenty of high-octane action.
- Wally Hammond (Time Out) / 4, 30 2017
A slightly disappointing, furiously-paced, hi-tech, slash-and-burn sequel to the more leisurely, luxurious first 'reboot', 'Casino Royale'.
- Lisa Schwarzbaum (Entertainment Weekly) / 4, 05 2017
I mean it as a cockeyed compliment to the reborn Bond franchise, then, when I say that Quantum of Solace is an unnecessarily cramped arena for such an interesting cat.
- Michael Phillips (Chicago Tribune) / 4, 13 2017
Not every director is well-suited to Bondland. "There's something horribly efficient about you," Kurylenko says to Craig at one point. The same goes for the film.
- Peter Travers (Rolling Stone) / 4, 11 2017
Quantum of Solace won't trust its own darker instincts. It delivers the popcorn goods, but it ignores the poison eating at Bond's insides. Killer mistake.
- Kyle Smith (New York Post) / 4, 14 2017
Revenge is a dish best served with bullets, high explosives and giant rolling flameballs. In Quantum of Solace, James Bond orders the revenge buffet, deluxe.
- Bernard Besserglik (Hollywood Reporter) / 4, 09 2017
The chemistry [Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell] achieve is a powerful argument for giving Solace its chance on the multiplex circuit.
- Lisa Kennedy (Denver Post) / 4, 14 2017
With [this] too-shaken sequel, the Bond market experiences a dip.
- Keith Phipps (AV Club) / 4, 13 2017
Quantum is content merely to be the second episode in what's shaping up to be a viable series, good enough but disappointing for those expecting greatness.
- Mark Rahner (Seattle Times) / 4, 13 2017
Marc Forster seems like a counterintuitive choice to direct an action spectacle. But any doubts I might have had flew out the window and splattered onto the hood of a parked car during an early, hellacious brawl.
- Noah Berlatsky (Chicago Reader) / 4, 13 2017
A few years back, the easy sexism and narcissism of the James Bond series looked dated to the point of obsolescence, but Quantum of Solace proves that a revenge motive is just what's needed to rejuvenate all the Bond cliches.
- Wesley Morris (Boston Globe) / 4, 14 2017
Frankly, Quantum of Solace is just one exasperated dressing down away from being Lethal Weapon 9.
- Kenneth Turan (Los Angeles Times) / 4, 13 2017
All dressed up with no particular place to go, this 22nd Bond film tries hard but ends up an underachiever.
- Peter Howell (Toronto Star) / 4, 13 2017
There isn't much plot between the action set pieces, and precious little character development beyond Craig's and Dench's continuing evolution.
- Robert Wilonsky (Village Voice) / 4, 12 2017
If nothing else, there's no need to worry about where Quantum of Solace fits in the Bond pantheon - it's easily one of the worst.
- David Edelstein (New York Magazine/Vulture) / 4, 10 2017
If the staging were as witty as the plotting, Quantum of Solace might have been a corker like Casino Royale.
- Colin Covert (Minneapolis Star Tribune) / 4, 13 2017
The film makes such headlong leaps of motivation and locale that it would take a master spy to decipher why Bond is going where he goes and doing what he does.
- Dana Stevens (Slate) / 4, 14 2017
Forster, a director of upscale tearjerkers, has no feel for action sequences. The big chases, of which there are several, could all be replaced with a title card reading, 'Insert action here'.
- Christy Lemire (Associated Press) / 4, 10 2017
Despite his innate intensity, Craig seems a bit. bored, maybe? Underutilized, despite appearing in nearly every frame of the film.
- Richard Corliss (TIME Magazine) / 4, 10 2017
Director Marc Forster turns out to be a natural as the helmer of a high-energy, high-gloss action film.
- Christopher Orr (The New Republic) / 4, 14 2017
Mr. White ultimately leads Bond to one Mr. Slate, who in turn leads him to a Mr. Greene. That's right: The global conspiracy this time around isn't SPECTRE, but some rogue wing of the United Colors of Benetton.
- Stephen Whitty (Newark Star-Ledger) / 4, 14 2017
In the end it's all too fast and too furious - and far too obsessed with exercising its license to thrill.
- A.O. Scott (New York Times) / 4, 14 2017
Quantum of Solace prompts the question: Is revenge the only possible motive for large-scale movie heroism these days?
- Ben Kenigsberg (Time Out) / 4, 17 2017
Much has been made of the absence of Bond's signature quips, but there's something else that's absent: interest.
- Mick LaSalle (San Francisco Chronicle) / 4, 13 2017
Quantum of Solace benefits from imaginatively conceived action sequences and from a director, Marc Forster, who knows how to film them.
- Tom Long (Detroit News) / 4, 13 2017
Forster is indeed a fine director, but he's hardly a specialist in action films, and it shows. He can't quite keep things moving fast enough to speed past the absurdity of the premise.
- Ben Mankiewicz (At the Movies) / 4, 10 2017
Mark Forester did a great job.
- Rex Reed (New York Observer) / 4, 12 2017
Quantum of Solace, the 22nd entry in the interminable franchise, is one of the most pointless, chaotic and forgettable of them all. It is also one of the dullest.
- Rick Groen (Globe and Mail) / 4, 13 2017
A silly spy may be laughable, but a sulking thug is just a bore.
- Roger Moore (Orlando Sentinel) / 4, 12 2017
It fairly races by, a sexy, sadistic, cruel and crackling thriller that is the shortest Bond film since Goldfinger, and certainly the most brisk.